Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Thing This Blog is Mine...

(and not yours) because that means I can use it for whatever I want (ah the sheer power of having your own little cyberspace, wow, no one warned me it could go to my head) including just to say this: Hey Ilse! I miss you already! If you are reading this, you must have made it back home safe (which is exactly what I am hoping will happen) and your many connecting flights must have connected just as good connecting flights should. Let's see, it hasn't even been a full day since you left and I'm thinking, hm. things sure feel awfully different here in Thailand... In one swoop my co-bargainer, co-ice cream-eater, co-laugher, co-victim of 'wow this food is tasty but different so now I have a tummy ache'-er, co-movie-goer, co-planner, co-navigator, co-'I really can't believe that just happened'-er, and the only person who can fully appreciate the jokes and references that come to mind as of late, have all gone and gotten on a plane to go half-way around the world with you. Well, shoot! I couldn't have asked for a better travel companion and you will surely be in my thoughts over the coming weeks. I feel like I'll be lost without you (both literally and figuratively) but hopefully this will be one of the oh so very few (hardy har) times in my life when I am completely and utterly wrong. If you turn around and come back, I'll give you....

10 baht...

okay 20.

Hope the next chapter for you is just as amazing but in a less smelly uncomfortable train ride kind of way!

cross oceanic hug,
kocian ocean

No comments: